Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bankruptcy II

There is light on the horizon.
I may be remaining in business.
Not out of the woods yet.
It has been an anxious fortnight.

My situation is not completely unique.
But it is not faced by anybody south of 23 degrees latitude.
Nobody has yet guessed what has gone wrong.
One of the difficulties has been that lobby groups in Canberra refuse to believe what has happened, & state that it is not possible.

The attitude of the Liberal & National parties toward an external threat that may wipe out small businesses, has been utterly disgusting. They couldn't care less.
The attitude & assistance provided by the Australian Labor Party has been first class.

4 comments:

kae said...

I hope the news is good!

Skeeter said...

Bugger! These new clues just make the puzzle harder to solve.
I had planned to work it out without Mrs Skeeter's help, but I can see now that I will have to share it with her.

RebeccaH said...

Burning with nosy curiosity here.

I hope it works out, whatever it is.

Skeeter said...

OK, I think I've got it.
You have a business situated on the Tropic of Capricorn. Every year at the summer solstice, the Sun has been vertically above you at Solar Noon and shines down a chimney into your business premises.
We can't yet reveal how this has led to great wealth for you.
Unfortunately, the Tropic of Capricorn is drifting north at the rate of about 15 metres a year. In a few short years, the Sun will no longer shine down your chimney on the 22nd of December.
Your source of wealth will be gone until the Tropic returns to its 2011 latitude of South 23° 26' 16" — in about 70,000 years' time.